Ok so since Gianna was born, I have been washing all of our clothes in All F&C. I have always had super sensitive skin with all soaps and detergents, so I assumed Gianna would be too, especially since babies generally are period. Well about a month ago, I wanted to have a prettier smelling detergent, so I bought a small bottle of Tide, white lilac blossom (or something like that). It was working well for me, and I loved how it smelled. So I slowly started washing Gianna's clothes with it as well, over time I was washing all of our clothes together because she was doing fine. Well I tried to be cost effective, and purchase a very large box of the same kind of detergent, but in powder for rather than liquid......
BIG MISTAKE!
I took a shower, got out and started drying off with a freshly washed towel (from the first load with the new detergent) in a matter of just a couple of minutes I started getting red. I didn't think much of it. I dress up my baby girl and we pack up for a day full of fun for the fourth of July, and head on our way. I step outside and my redness starts BURNING ouch ouch ouch. Then Gianna starts getting fussy and touching herself all over, and I look and she has it too!!! What is going on?? My friend asks if we changed detergents..... I said NOOOOO.... well actually I did. I guess we didn't react to the other detergent because I had been mixing it with the all F&C.... but when I went full Tide it totally caused a reaction.
I called my aunt to tell her all about how pitifully sensitive Gianna and I are, and the second I said the word Tide... she said OOOOO NOOOO NOT TIDE... lol Apparently not one of us in the family can use Tide. I was so unaware of that lol.... But now I know. Gianna spent the night sleeping on me on the couch because neither of us could sleep on our sheets, it just made us itch and itch. So today I went and got new laundry soap and I am spending the day REWASHING AND FOLDING everything that was washed with the other detergent! OH JOY JOY!
white dinnerware sets
4 years ago

3 comments:
oh no that stinks! at least you figured it out quickly. hope you are all feeling less itchy now
UGH! How stinky. That is what i would consider learning the hard way. Hope you are itch fee very soon!
Oh no! I'm sensitive against Tide too!! It's weird b/c some people swear it's the only thing they can use!
Post a Comment