CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

30 June 2008

"Crash"

My sweet panda, Gianna Liane has been handed down the nick name of "Crash" that her Uncle Brad had as a child. This little girl of mine is no stranger to bumps and bruises of all kinds. To name the most recent ones... We were visiting family in CT in April and Gianna decided to hit her Papa's truck with her head. My uncle's truck had the hook up for a snow plow, the snow plow wasn't on there, so there was just the pointy piece of metal. Well Gianna hit it with her head in two spots, and one spot split. That was scary, thankfully though, it was the only to be an open wound. Here is a couple photos of that oowwwie.



Her latest oowwwie was at the pool. We went to the kiddie section of the pool where it was about calf deep for her. She was having a blast, but she kept wanting to climb in and out of the pool. We didn't want to let her because we were afraid of her slipping and getting hurt. Well she decided she was quicker than Mommy and Daddy, and she pulled away from Daddy giggled and started to run. Well she tripped over her own foot and smacked her head into the side of the pool. I thought for sure it was going to be split open!! Thankfully it wasn't. She ended up with a golf ball sized egg DEAD CENTER between her eyes! My poor baby.
This is about 30 min after she did it

This is 2 days later


She had two black eyes for the longest time! Honestly nearly two weeks. And then the yellowishness of the after bruise. But She finally is cured of her bruises :) I'm so happy. Oh and did I mention that her scar from the above mentioned wound is looking amazing. I put vit E ointment 2 times a day, so I'm really hoping it's next to gone when she grows up. Here are some pictures of her today while she was coloring.


5 comments:

Lori said...

looks like she is going to need a padded helmet! (just kidding)

Cheri said...

haha, I know!! Thats what I'm saying :)

Danielle said...

I agree with Lori- get a helmet. My little one bumped her head yesterday and I was in tears. I guess I had better get used to it!

Missi said...

Oh your sweet panda! Happy she's recovering! It's about time for another accident though. Keep the bandaids handy!

Mozi Esme said...

Owwie! Bubble wrap might work, too . . .