About a month ago I had applied for a job at a local fitness center. I called back after a week, and then again two weeks after that. To let them know I was interested. I had only applied at one other place, I was looking for something very specific. I wanted something that was in bike riding distance. I want to ride my bike for two reasons; one being... EXERCISE and the other is saving on gas. It's only 5 miles round trip, so it's not that big of a deal.
I'm so excited too! The job is only part time, I will only be working 3 to 4 nights a week. I wanted evenings so that I wouldn't have to worry about putting my baby in child care with a stranger (none of the day cares here have openings in her age group any time soon, plus I would simply be working to pay for the day care, which just seems silly). This way Gianna can hang out with her Daddy for a few hours during the week. I have stayed home with her nearly 24/7 for the last 19 months. I think there have literally only been a handful of times where I have been away from her. This gives Jake the opportunity to spend more time one on one with her, and it gives me the opportunity to get out of the house. It will also be good for Gianna, she needs time away from me, so she doesn't stay too attached to me, and she can get closer to her Daddy.
The job is fairly simple. Basically I greet members when they come in, do light cleaning when needed, and try to sell memberships and renewals. All things I'm used, just in a new location. I'll admit this is my first time working in a gym so that aspect IS new. I asked the owner how she thought me not being in shape would look. She actually thought it would a positive thing (I had told her in my first interview that I was working on losing weight and getting in shape) so she felt it would be good for the other members that are "deconditioned" to see me making progress. So that's a positive flip :)
She also wants me to consider getting certified as a personal trainer. So I'll be looking into that. If I were certified I would actually be able to do it while working, which is cool. Some other perks.... I will be able to work out whenever I please. I will also have access to the classes that they offer (polelaties, martial arts, cardio etc...)
So all in all I am very excited. Thanks for sharing in my excitement :)
white dinnerware sets
4 years ago

3 comments:
that is great and will be an added bonus for all of you on so many levels. I hope it works out
That sounds great! I hope it all works out well for you. Those are some great benefits to working there!
I hopped over from Lori's blog- welcome to blogging! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
That sounds so great!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes:)
Post a Comment