CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

18 June 2008

Lets get it started...

Well I have caved to peer pressure... all my friends are doing it, so now I am too... blogging that is. Why Hooked on Motherhood? Because Missi said so! Well I have a store called Hooked on Comfort, so it's a play off of that, BUT!!!! I really am HOOKED ON MOTHERHOOD!! Ask anyone I went to high school with, they would all tell you the same thing.... Cheri... a mother? NAH!!! I never wanted a husband, and I didn't think I was made for kids.

18 years old, I'm married just graduated high school, and living 2000 miles away from home, in Texas. Why Texas you ask? Thats where the good 'ol Navy shipped us. Yep, I married a Navy man. Our first year married, my GYN tells me, Cheri... you do not ovulate, you will never get pregnant on your own. Well I was "reassured" that there were no concerns with me being able to carry a child, but it would not happen the old fashion way. 5 years later, we say what the heck, we'll give it a shot anyways, so we try. Bam prego on the first try! Unfortunately that sweet angel did not survive, miscarried at 11 weeks. So we wait 3 cycles, and BAM prego again on the first try! 37 weeks later, I was a mommy to my sweet panda, Gianna Liane.

I have to say, I am truly hooked on motherhood. I love every single thing about being a mommy. I love being able to love and nurture Gianna, I love watching her learn, and watching her grow. I love the excitement in her eyes when she sees a balloon, or a bird flying in the sky... Or hearing her squeals as she runs in the grass. I love that I can comfort her when she is sad. I love her. And one day Gianna will be a big sister. I would like to have 1 or 2 more. I think 3 would be my perfect number.

So I went from having zero interest in children period, to loving every second of being a Mommy, which is why I am Hooked on Motherhood!

2 comments:

Missi said...

That's right! I said so! :) Welcome!

Dawn said...

Hooked on Motherhood....I LOVE it! Thanks for inviting me to vist your blog!! :-)