So a lot of my friends already know that I have been putting a lot of energy and effort behind losing some weight. Well I hit the big 2-0 on Tuesday.... 20 lbs lost that is. And I was very proud of myself. I have been doing weight watchers and attending the meetings, and I really like it. I find the meetings to be a great source of motivation and support! I also have a walking buddy (which sadly she is moving in less than a week) and we walk with our little ones every morning Mon-Fri about 2-3 miles each day. I also go to the gym in the evenings and on Sat, I try to leave Sun as my cool down day.
Even with 20 lbs lost, I still felt as though I didn't look any different. Sure a few pants that, at one point, wouldn't go over my hips fit me now. But overall, I feel the same. I decided to take a picture and compare it to one just before I started to change my bad habits. WOW... I was in deed shocked. I can absolutely see a difference, and I'm so glad I decided to do that, because I have found a new source of motivation for me. My friends have all been very supportive, whether they are in person or over the phone. My girlfriend has even told me that she can see a difference (over the web cam) but I never wanted to take it as truth. Well Thank you to all my friends that have continued to be supportive even when I have tried to dismiss your kind words and positive feedback.
I have a LOOOOONG way to go before I am where I want to be, but I've started, and I'm continuing to work hard at it. It's a slow process, losing weight... but it sure isn't a slow process putting it on. And I have to say.... the whole thing of all the healthy food costing so much more, simply stinks! I can buy 2 dozen doughnuts for the price of a 2 apples! No wonder why so much of America is overweight. That is all beside the point.
I did want to share one last thing.... the reason I've put forth such an effort to lose this weight... is not because I want to be skinny for my husband, or even for me... I'm doing it for my daughter. A few different thoughts come to my mind about her and my weight. One is my health... everyone knows... fat people just don't live as long as the "skinny" (well healthy not necessarily the skinny) people do. I want to be around for a very long time, I want to watch my baby have babies. Even with the closer time frames in mind, I want to be able to chase her around the park and not get winded; I want to be in shape to keep up with her. Also as she gets older, I don’t' want her to be the one with the "fat mom." I would hate to have her be embarrassed by me for something like that. I'm not naive I know at one point she will be embarrassed by me no matter what, all kids eventually try to hide from their parents LOL. But finally, and I think the MOST important reason in my mind... is that I don't want her to end up where I am at. Heaviness runs in my family, and when I was growing up I was never taught that there was a right way and a wrong way to eat... I was simply taught to eat. I want Gianna to learn the proper eating habits from the get go, and not have to struggle with having to teach herself what she did wrong and learn how to eat all over.
So if there is someone out there that is trying to (or wanting to, or thinking about wanting to) lose weight... I suggest two things. Find your reason (my daughter being mine) and fill your mind with that reason. But for a motivational boost TAKE PICTURES!!! I cannot put into words what an eye opener it was to look at those pictures back to back like that. Only 20 lbs and I really do see a difference!
white dinnerware sets
4 years ago

3 comments:
you should be proud of yourself... every step is a change, every step is an accomplishment, every step is a step closer to a better you!
You are doing awesome Cheri! You should be so proud cuz I know how hard you've worked. And I am glad that you are starting to see the results!
You have a lot to be proud of hot mamma!
Post a Comment