We arrive at the park, and the first thing Gianna does when she gets out of the stroller is grab as many rock as she can. She eventually wanted to go down the slide, but it was soooo hot, so I went around to touch everything to see if there was something to play on, they were all painfully hot. So I sat her on my lap and tried to swing on the swing (there was no baby swing to put her in), that only held her attention for about 2 min. She wanted down, and she wanted to climb (keep in mind she still has two fists full of pebbles).
After about 15-20 min of running around in the rocks and touching everything telling me it was "hot" I could see how hot Gianna was. Her little arms looked as though they were sprayed with olive oil rather than spf 50. And her face was so pink and she was just HOT. I decided it was time to leave, so back in the stroller for our walk back. The whole way back Gianna kept asking for "more" (giving me her sippie cup wanting more water) and telling me "hot hot". My poor baby couldn't even enjoy a day at the park because the heat is so tough here. I can tell ya this, I will not miss Texas one bit once I finally get out of here!
Here are the few pictures that I got at the park.
Here she is collecting her beloved rocks (this girl LOVES rocks)
Then she tries to climb up the slide (with rocks in her hands)
Then she looks up at me and tells me that the slide is hot. Poor little thing (can you see her holding her rocks close to her)

3 comments:
cute pictures... it is too hot here to do much of anything too... got to love summers in the south
awww! Poor baby! Lillian loves rocks, too "rah" "rah"
Playground visits just aren't as much fun unless you can throw rocks!
Post a Comment