Anyways today, just the same as we have done a million times, Jake starts to clean the cages. Our Umbrella Cockatoo went crazy, she must have been spooked by something, but she attacked him. She got him good, both hands and arms, I think there were 7 bites that broke the skin. Pretty ugly too, he is going to medical tomorrow, but for today I kept them clean and I had to change the gauze 4 times because they just kept bleeding through (don't' get me started on me and how they should go to the Dr lol). He says he is fine and they don't even hurt. I'll post some pictures at the end of this post.
Now my worry here is this.... what provoked it? He said that he thinks he scared her, with the gloves or something. But we wear the same latex gloves EVERY time we clean her cage, so why now. What if she freaks out on Gianna? I'll kill her, I swear I will. And don't give me any of that pooness about how I need to be nice to the animal, or it's not their fault or any of that. If ANY of the birds do anything to Gianna like this they are gone or dead, or both! I had a friend back in high school, who had a bird that bit their toddler, and they kept the bird and said all that crap about how it wasn't the birds fault, that bird bit the little boy several times. I always hated how she did that (granted she should have paid more attention, but that's besides the point). Kloe is never left out of the cage unattended, so for the most part I'm not too worried. But Gianna can reach over the gate into her cage a little, so I worry about her getting bit. I'm working on figuring out a new set up to block her, but for the time being.....
What would you guys do? Would you want to be rid of the pet? That is so my first instinct, but Jake refuses.....
Ok time for pictures

3 comments:
do you think there is a jealousy factor? do you think the birds are more spooked by the loudness of a toddler? I don't know!
I'm not sure what I would do if Abby bit one of the boys, I think it would depend on why she bit them
Hope Jake is healing better today
Do they taste like chicken?? lol
I have the same issue with our cat. He's bitten and scratched Wy countless time and even though it is always Wyatt's fault for pulling his tail or hitting him, I don't care. We think Jason's aunt may adopt him once we move to Texas. She has a couple of older cats that he'd be right at home with and we trust he would continue to be well-cared for and pampered.
Ouch! What did medical say? Very scary indeed!
Look at my blog!
Post a Comment