I can't believe it's been close to a month since I've posted. I'm still actively job hunting. I had a job interview today at a bank for a teller position. I'm not sure right now how I feel about it. The interview went very well. I've always interviewed well, I'm comfortable and honest so they usually do go well. However, if I am offered the job... I'm not sure what to say. The job is 2 dollars an hour less than I said I would "settle for" (which says it is basically just above min wage!) Plus there are sales quotas to meet each month. And I'm not sure how I feel about that. I've also got an application into Walmart. At this point it looks like Walmart may be a better option than the bank...
Gianna is going to a new school. The home daycare just wasn't working out. The lady constantly had something going on to where we either couldn't bring Gianna in at all, or we had to pick her up early. We needed something a bit more reliable. We got lucky that one of the child care centers just had a set of twins leave, and two spots opened. Gianna had a TB test today and in 2 days when we get it checked she will start at her new school. It's such a cute place too! I'm really excited for her the class will have 10 kids (right now including Gianna it is 9). We went to visit today, and she hung out with the kids for a bit and read books with them, so I think she will do quite well there.
We also met with the ECI people today. (ECI stands for Early Childhood Intervention). We discussed Gianna's progress briefly. According to the Denver model, Gianna is close to the 3 yr age lvl of development in several stages, however, she is only just above the 12 month age lvl of development for language. So they do think that there is probably something going on. Gianna does communicate, she involves herself in social encounters. She just is not using words, where she should be. Before I felt, well maybe hoped, that I was overreacting, or expecting too much of her. But the ladies that came to do a partial eval think that we have good cause to be concerned. So we are going to have a full on evaluation with a speech therapist. There has been issues with fluid in Gianna's ears in the past, so that could be an issue, I think they are leaning towards it being a hearing problem with her, but I just find it hard to believe. I'm not going to resist their theories right now at least until we can prove them wrong :) I want to "fix" whatever it is that needs to be addressed so that we can get her back on track. The ECI ladies even said that they can tell Gianna is a very smart little girl, and they don't suspect a mental disability. It made me very happy to have an "outsider" say that they could tell Gianna was smart, she really is, and you can SEE how frustrated Gianna gets when she can't articulate what it is that she wants.
I think that's about the biggest updates for now. Gianna is doing well, she is growing, she is healthy, she is beautiful, and mommy is still searching for a job. I feel as though I have fallen out of the loop with my blog buddies, I apologize. I miss everyone!
white dinnerware sets
4 years ago

1 comment:
hope you find the right job for you... let me know how it goes with Gianna getting speech
Post a Comment